Nice Stainless Steel Cable Gland
When you are worried about the plastic cable gland is difficult to connect the steel pipes, you can try to change the material. Stainless steel cable gland will be your nice choice!
The Details of Stainless Steel Cable Gland
Our gland is made by the stainless steel. This material has the best performance in the strength and the tenacity.
The biggest advantage of the stainless steel is that it has a very high ability in resisting to corrosion. In the chemical industry and paper manufacturing industry, it must be used.
Of course, the cost for the stainless steel is higher than the plastic.
The stainless steel is made by adding high proportion Cr,Ni and other alloys, in the basic of carbon steel. The ratio is reaching to 20% or more.
The common types of stainless steel are 304, 304 L, 321, 316, 316 L, 1Cr18Ni9Ti, 0cr18ni9, and so on. The former types use the numbers to show the type. They are the showing methods from Japan and the United States. The last type, 1Cr18Ni9Ti, is the methods from our domestic market.
2. Working Pressure:
The working pressure of DN8-DN150 is from 1.6 Mpa to 7.0 Mpa. Actually, different materials and types will affect its working pressure.
3. Working Temperature:
The working temperature is from -20℃ to 230℃.
They can be used in the working environment of gasoline, mazout, kerosene, hydraulic oil, fuel oil, refrigerant oil, water, salted water, acid and base liquid and etc.
5. Connection Ways:
There are many kinds of connection ways. They are inner thread, outer thread, connecting soft pipes, flange, butt welding, socket welding, and so on.
6. Sealing Material for the Connection:
There are some professional materials for the sealing. They are NBR, PU, FKM, PTFE, and EPR.
7. Thread Specifications:
There are NPT, bZG, G, BSPT, BSP, DIN 259/2999 and so on.
8. Gland Specifications:
They are 1/2″ to 6″. Or they can be showed in DN 15, DN 20, DN 25, DN 32, DN 40, DN 50, DN 65, DN 80, DN 100, DN 125, DN 150.
It has a special design between the gland claw and the sealing. This makes the installation more convenient and fast.
The cable claw range is also larger. Besides, this glands are anti-dust, water proof, resistant to salt, acid, base, alcohol and oil, with big tensile strength.
Some Information about the Specifications of Stainless Steel Cable Gland
1. A Type:
One end is the circular joint stuck in the female head. And the other end is the connecting lock of the internal thread.
2. B Type:
One end is a groove with two lugs. And the other is the lock to connect the outer thread.
3. C Type:
It is same with the B Type. There are two lugs in the end of the groove. But the other end of the gland is the soft pipe joint in bamboo shape.
4. D Type:
There is a groove in the one end of the gland. And the groove has two lugs in the two sides. The other end of the product is the lock with the inner thread.
5. E Type:
At one end is a circular joint stuck in the female connector. And at the other end is a hose connector with a slug.
6. F Type:
One end of the gland is circular connector in the female joint. And the other end is the outer thread in the lock.
7. DC Type:
It is a groove with two little lugs. And it can be stuck in the male connector. Among this type ACL StatIcideACL-350 is the smallest gland type in the size in the world. It is used in the digital electrostatic measuring instrument. It is very mini.
8. DP Type:
It is a circular plug. DP type is also named as inside plug.
9. F Type with a Flange:
One end of the gland is a circular connector in the female joint. And the other is a flange.
10. C Type with a Flange:
At one end of this type is a groove with double lugs. And the other is a flange.
What shall we do when installing the stainless steel cable glands?
1. The process of carrying and storing of the connectors should be very careful. There should be no impact or falling. Otherwise, there will be some damages to the connecting parts and the inner parts.
2. The workers of the installation should be very careful. It is to ensure the good operation of the products.
3. The joints with thread should be noted for the installation. The workers need to pay attention to the inner thread and the outer thread.
They need to check if the direction of the thread and the direction of the roller is consistent. And the inner thread should also be consistent.
4. The connecting part of the cable glands and the pipe must be using the hose. It is not available to connect the stainless steel glands to the steel pipes directly.
5. The entrance and exit of the joint need to connect with the hose as far as possible. It can reduce the weight to the connection part. Or the weight of the connection part is too heavy. And the service life of the joint will be reduced.
6. The inner pipe need to be paid attention to its installation. The size and weight are very important. And the joining of the inward turning thread gland should use H8/e7 as the connection method for the connector and the inside pipe.
7. The support and the spline of the stainless steel cable connectors should be suitable to each other. In general, the diameter need to be 2 mm smaller than the spline hole.
It is to avoid the joint will affect the free adjustment of the cable gland.
Some Principles to Connect the Stainless Steel Cable Gland
Stainless steel cable gland belongs to the metal product. It owns high tensile strength. And the resistance to the impact is also very good. Besides, it also does well in the performance of sealing.
When people do not need to use them, these glands are very easy to take off. They are usually used in the power system.
Now let’s talk about some principles for the installation of these products.
1. We need to know some projects before the installation of the connectors.
These projects are inspection, heat treatment, pressure test and cleaning. Besides, the doing some anti-corrosion is also very important.
2. Make sure all the related building projects have been finished.
All the building projects have been finished. And these building projects have been through the tests of the related inspectors. When they are doing the inspection, the inspectors need to check the drawings, if the pipe frame, foundation pipe, bridge pipe, pipe ditch cushion meet the requirements of the drawings.
And the embedded parts and holes also need the check and inspection. They must meet the rules and standards in the drawings and designs. And the building workers and installation workers must get the recognize each other.
3. The pipes, pipe parts, connectors, and valves should be cleaned inside.
The cleaning jobs for the pipes, connectors, and valves are very important. There should be no dirty inside.
4. Inspect the pipe, stainless steel joints, valves and gaskets.
The pipes, stainless steel cable glands, valves and the gaskets must meet the drawings. And the material, specifications, sizes must be correct. And there should be no quality problems in them.
5. The pipes and connectors must be tested qualified.
It is very important that these pipes and the joints must be qualified. And they need to own the related certificates in the technique.
6. Check the positions and quantity of the panels.
When connect the joints, the workers need to check the panels which are used to install and weld the piping racks and piping bridges. The quantity and the positions need to be checked before the workers install the stainless steel cable glands.
7. The connecting parts of the stainless steel connectors are tested qualified.
The connecting parts are tested qualified. Then they will be install and fix. The workers need to check if the secondary grouting meet the requirements. And it is also needed to have the inform of agreement of the piping。
8. The direction of the inner sleeve and the flowing of the article should be consistent.
For stainless steel joint with inner sleeve, the direction of inner sleeve bobbin should be consistent with the direction of article flow.
And the rotational plane of hinge of hinged telescopic device should be consistent with the rotational plane of displacement
Some Methods to Deal With the Surface of the Stainless Steel Cable Gland
The stainless steel made cable gland will have some situations that people don’t know how to deal with. Now let me introduce some methods to them.
1. Make the surface of the product get white.
It is very common to find our joints get black on the surface. It is because the surface of the connectors will get oxidation.
The original way to deal with it is to use the Nitric acid and hydrofluoric acid. Both of them have high corrosion. They can corrode the oxide skin on the surface.
However this way will pollute the environment. And it is harmful to the man. Besides, the cost is a bit high. So it is not used now.
There are two ways to deal with these oxide skin on the surface of the joints.
(1) Chemical Methods:
Use stainless steel pickling passivation paste without pollution and cleapning agent with organic additives. Make the stainless steel dunk in them.
These methods can make surface back to the white. But there is no gloss on the surface.
(2) Sand Blasting Method:
Spray the micro glass beads onto the surface of the stainless steel cable glands. It can wipe out the black oxide skin of the joints.
2. Color the surface of the glands.
Coloring the surface of the cable connectors has many advantages. It can add the color of the surface but also enhance the resistance to the abrasion and the corrosion.
(1) Chemical Oxidation Way.
(2) Electrochemical Oxidation Staining Way.
(3) Ion Deposition Oxidation Staining Way.
(4) Heat Oxidation Staining Way.
3. Make the surface of the connectors polishing.
There are many methods here. We can use them according to the different situations. There are chemical polishing, electrochemical polishing, and mechanical polishing.