Reliable Strain Relief Cable Gland
HONT can provide reliable strain relief cable gland for you. It can give you the competitive price and the best product. Choose HONT, it won’t let you regret!
What is a cable gland?
Some Details of Strain Relief Cable Gland
Strain Relief Cable Gland is made by the material of UL approved PA 66. It has the resistance level to the fire of 94 V- 2.
2. Design Purpose:
This kind of gland add a structure of screw type structure. This structure is impact resistant and strain relief.
This special design is used for the manual or mobile devices. These devices’ wires are easy to bend. Some bending will lead to the damage to the devices.
So if these devices have the strain relief cable gland, they can not be damaged in the wires.
3. Working Temperature:
The normal working temperature range for it is from -40℃ to 100℃. The short time temperature for it can reach to 120℃.
The main function of the strain relief cable connectors is to make the lines smooth. And it also makes the wires keep sealed.
Besides, it can ensure the insulating function. The join can make the current go through safely. If there is some bad sealing. It will result in the moisture into the inside of the cables. The insulation function will reduce.
6. Using Methods:
HONT can give you the best strain relief cable glands.
Some Classification of Cable Gland
1. Indoor Type and Outdoor Type
2. Heat Shrinking Type, Drying Type, Epoxy Injection Type and Contraction Type
The raw material of the cable glands are also very various. So according to the material and the manufacturing process, there are heat shrinking type, drying type, contraction type and epoxy injection type.
3. Copper Cored Electrical Cable Joint and Aluminum Cored Electrical Cable Joints
The core of the wires are different. So according to the material of the wiring core, the cable joints can be divided into copper cored electrical cable glands and aluminum cored electrical cable glands.
4. Plastic Cable Connector and Metal Cable Connector
The connectors have many materials to produce. There are plastic and metal.
The metal connectors can be divided into porous metal cable connector, strain relief cable connectors, double lock connector, plastic pipe cable glands and metal pipe cable glands.
The Rules for the Connecting of Cable Gland
The rules to connect the strain relief cable connectors are very important. Here are several steps for your reference.
1. The Connecting conductors requires low resistance and sufficient mechanical strength.
And there should be no sharp angle. They can not appear at the junction.
Strain relief cable gland is commonly used in conductor connection of medium and low voltage cables. Attention should be paid to the joint.
(1) The connector should have appropriate conductivity and mechanical strength.
(2) The gap range between the inner pipe of the connector and the outer pipe of the wires should be from 0.8 mm to 1.4 mm.
(3) The resistance of the joint should be no more than the 1.2 times of a conductor with equal cross-section. And the copper cable gland should have the tensile strength no less than 60 N/ mm².
(4) Before the connecting, the outer surface of the conductor wires and the inner surface of the joint pipe should be coated with conductive adhesive. And the workers should damage the oxide film with steel wiring brush.
(5) The sharp corners and rough edges on the conductors of connecting pipes and cores are polished smoothly with a file or sandpaper.
2. Dealing with the Internal Semiconductor Shielding
The cable body has an inner shielding layer. So the inner shielding layer of the conductor part of the pressure nozzle must be restored when making the joint.
The inner semiconductor shielding of the cable should be set aside. it is to make the inner shielding of the connecting head on the connecting tube interconnect with each other.
And this ensures the continuity of the inner semiconductor. It will make the field strength at the joint nozzle uniformly distribute.
3. Processing of Outer Semiconductor Shielding
External semiconductor shielding is a semi-conductive material. It acts as a uniform electric field outside the insulation of cable and cable joints.
Like internal semiconductor shielding, it plays an important role in cable and cable joints. The external semiconductor ports must be neat and uniform.
And smooth transition with insulation is also required. Besides, the winding of the semiconductor band in the cable joint is overlapped with the external semiconductor shielding of the cable body.
4. Treatment of Cable Reaction Cone
During construction, the potential distribution on the whole cone surface is equal. When making the cross-linked cable reaction cone, special cutting tools are usually used.
We should slightly heat it with a quick knife. After basic shaping, 2 mm thick glass is used to trim and scrape.
Finally, sandpaper is used to grind from roughness to fineness until smooth.
5. Treatment of Metal Shielding and Grounding
The function of metal shield in cable and strain relief cable gland is mainly to transmit short-circuit current of cable fault.
And it is also used to shield the interference of electromagnetic to nearby communication equipment.
In operation, metal shield is at zero potential under good grounding state. When cable fault occurs, it has the ability to transmit short-circuit current in a very short time.
The grounding wire should be welded reliably. The metal shield and armor band on the body of the box cables at both ends should be welded firmly. The grounding of the terminal should be reliable.
6. Sealing and Mechanical Protection of Strain Relief Cable Glands
Sealing and mechanical protection of joints are the guarantee to ensure the safe and reliable operation of joints.
Water and moisture should be stopped from infiltrating into cable joints. In addition, joint protection grooves or cement protection boxes should be built at joint positions.
Why some strain relief cable glands will get hot?
What do we need to pay attention to when we are connecting the wires?
So it is very necessary to know some tips when we are installing the connection of the wires in the electrical system.
1. General circuit equipment, there are signals of power supply and load signs above. In the actual wiring process, join the wires according to the above signs on the line. Remember that do not connect the two wrongly.
2. Control switches or protective wires shall not pass through current transformers. When three-phase five-wire system or single-phase three-wire system is adopted, protective wires must be connected to the cut out fuse at the inlet of leakage circuit breakers.
In a single-phase lighting circuit, three-phase four-wire distribution line and other lines or equipment using working zero-line, the zero line must pass through the current transformer.
3. And the transformer has a neutral point directly grounded system. Once the leakage circuit breaker. is installed, the working zero line can only be used as the working zero line after passing through the current transformer.
And these working zero line can not be grounded repeatedly. Nor can it be connected with the working zero line of other lines.
Electric equipment can only be connected to the load side of the leakage circuit breaker. One end is not allowed to be connected to the load side, while the other end is connected to the power side.
Some Excellent Strain Relief Cable Gland Supplier
HONT is a professional strain relief cable gland supplier in China. It has a rich and experienced supplying experiences of these wiring accessories.
It was established in year of 1997. During the twenty years’ development, the company has got high credit and reputation in the wiring accessories fields.
The products are seen in the big supermarkets, stores in foreign countries and cities. It is because the company has a good quality and good service. Its products are such popular and well-sold in these regions.
HONT is using all its efforts to gain the satisfy of you, the strain relief cable gland users!