As a leading Nylon Cable Tie Manufacturer in China, We have 24 years of experience in the Nylon Zip Tie Manufacturing industry.
We have partnered with some of the biggest brands in Oceania; South America; Japan; Southeast Asia; East Asia; Middle East; North America; Western Europe; Eastern Europe; Taiwan; Hong Kong and Macao.
We attend various exhibitions regularly, such as China Carton Fair，Dubai Electricity Exhibition, Hannover Industrial Fair, Cologne National Hardware Fair. It increases our face-to-face communication opportunities with customers so that we can actually understand the use of customer needs, to provide the most rapid, comprehensive, convenient service.
Double Ended Cable Ties
Nice Cable Tie Manufacturer in China
Best Quality Patent Higher Tensile Strength Cable Ties
UV Resistant Cable Ties Black
Wholesale Colored Cable Ties Supplier
Buy Bulk Best Reusable Zip Ties from China
Good Quality Nylon Marker Cable Ties Distributor
Double Lock Zip Ties Manufacturer
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Zip Ties Suppliers China
Cable Ties: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
We specialize in the production of different types of cable ties. They come in different colors, inches, and materials to serve various purposes. In this review guide, we highlight some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in relation to cable ties and their applications.
What is a Cable Tie?
It’s a type of fastener that’s used to hold various items together. A cable tie is also known as a zip tie or host tie. It’s popular for use in different industries thanks to its ease of use, affordability, and high binding strength.
What Are the Available Types of Cable Ties?
There are several types of cable ties each with different features and functionalities. We can classify them into the following categories:
Standard cable ties
They are the most popular types of cable ties in the market at the moment. They are suitable for a wide range of applications and they are normally used in different industries. At a glance, these are the basic features of the standard cable ties:
- Ideal for single-use
- Available in a wide range of colors to enhance the process of color-coding.
Their nature means that they effectively meet numerous user requirements and that’s why they are popular for use with different applications. You can use standard cable ties for simple fasting solutions such as bundling of wires. Additionally, they are still ideal for use in specific conditions, especially those that are extreme.
We have developed a broad range of cable ties that meet all the industrial demands. You can use our products to fasten attachments such as panel edges, plates, and studs among others. In addition to that, our cables are ideal for use in harsh environments.
Releasable Cable Ties
These are mostly cable ties that are made of nylon material. Releasable cable ties are usually ideal for use in temporary fixing applications. Alternatively, these wires can also be used in areas where you expect future installation modifications or changes.
The standard release nylon cable ties are usually designed with the finger latch mechanism. This makes it possible for the tie to quickly and easily release itself from the head. Releasable cable ties are simply temporary fastening solutions.
At a glance, these are the features of these types of cable ties:
- They are available in different styles as well as colors
- Releasable cable ties can be used several times since they also have reusable designs
- You can use these cables by adding an extension.
Generally, these are strong fasteners that are suitable for use in a wide range of applications, particularly in areas where easier removal of these fasteners is required. They are generally eco-friendly products that are suitable for use in areas where recycling and reusing of products is a major concern.
If you want are sure that you will constantly need to change the setup of your cables, then these are the most ideal products to use.
Screw-Mount Cable Ties
These cables are known to provide users with a high level of security. Screw-mount cables can be used to keep your tools tidy and well secured with the use of nails or screws.
By using them, you can attach the secured bundle of cable to any type of surface. This can be the ceiling, desk, racks, and walls among others.
This type of cable usually has a zip that ties with its screw hole, creating an easier way to install a permanent type of mounting. At a glance, the key features of a screw-mount cable include:
- Highly flexible design that allows you to bolt or screw them down
- Ideal for permanent use
- Offers easier fastening on wood panels and metallic surfaces
Push-Mount Nylon Cable Ties
These are also durable and secure types of cables that are ideal for long-lasting use. A push mount cable is usually recommended for use with applications that need a one-step fastening process.
This type of cable usually comes with a push mount section that’s found on the outside part of its head. You need to push the push mount part into the pre-drilled hole before it locks into place.
Due to the ability of this cable type in providing a constant level of tension and enabling security stability, they are considered as one of the most secure types of cable ties. At a glance, the main features of such a cable type include:
- An easier and faster mounting process that helps to save time
- The cable ties are usually made with the mounting device. This feature makes the option of extra fixing to be unnecessary.
- To secure the lock effectively in place, you need to use screws or an adhesive base.
- The head is known to easily snap into the pre-drilled cable holes.
Marker Cable Ties
They are designed to provide an easier and effective way of labeling or simply marking cables. Marker cable ties are usually available in different styles with several color options.
To use them, you simply need to mark them with the appropriate pen e.g. the marker pen. Generally, most of these wires are usually made with durable materials such as natural nylon.
They are popular with users since they provide a wider space for marking identification with the use of permanent marker pens.
You can find this type of cable in different sizes but most of them are designed for single use. This is because once you have permanently marked the cable, it’s impossible to remark it again. Their single-use nature is to help reduce the risk of confusion.
Cable markers are ideal for use in homes, offices, and industries that need component marking and identification. For instance, it could be cable or pipe identification. Alternatively, they are also popular in the clinical setting especially with first-aid boxes, clinical waste bugs, and fire doors among others.
At a glance, the main features of cable ties include:
- Single-use hence ideal for temporary fastening
- They are simply improved standard cable ties.
Belt Cable Ties
They are popularly used in the bundling of cables, especially electrical wires. Generally, belt cable ties have simple designs and they provide a convenient way of reducing clutter and enhancing cable security.
These types of cables are also available in different types. They have flexible designs in addition to quick-release techniques. At a glance, the main features of belt cable ties include:
- A quick and effective release mechanism
- A flexible design
Generally, belt cable ties are cost-effective and the fact that they offer secure fitting makes them stand out. They are exceptionally strong and ideal for use in different types of industries.
Stainless steel cable ties
Most of these products feature high-carbon stainless steel ties. These cables are ideal for use in areas that experience extremely high temperatures. The stainless steel material usually comes with a premium level of resistance against weathering, aging, and resistance among others.
in addition to that, the steel material is also 100% resistant to ultraviolet light so, this makes such cables suitable for use in demanding and harsh environments or in applications that require high levels of fire resistance, increased tensile strength, and guaranteed reliability.
The sub-types of steel cable ties include:
Metal zip ties
They are ideal for use in challenging environments. Metal zip ties suit applications that have extreme levels of material requirements in harsh environmental conditions or if they need extreme tensile strength. Generally, these ties guarantee users high levels of fire resistance and maximum level of safety.
In industrial cases, metal zip ties are used in chemical processing plants since they have high-grade guards that can withstand corrosive damage. That’s why you will find such types of zip ties in the petrochemical industry, ships, mines, and tunnels.
High-temperature and acid-resistant cable ties
Just like their name states, these stainless steel cables are able to withstand high temperatures and resist acids. This makes them ideal for use in applications that need ties that are fire-resistant, have high tensile strength, and offer an additional level of safety.
In most cases, these wires have a non-releasable mechanism for locking in addition to a single or two balls to enhance its level of safety.
Such types of cables can be found in places that involve the use of fiber-optic and data cables. In addition to that, they are also used in fairs and theatres.
Coated cable ties
These are simply stainless steel cable ties that are coated with polyester. The purpose of the coating is to enhance the installation process when temperatures are low.
Coated stainless steel cable ties are used with sensitive bundles since they help to prevent the contact type of erosion caused by friction.
Regardless of the type of stainless steel cable tie you choose, all of them have the following key features:
- These cables can effectively withstand extremely high temperatures
- They are resistant to flame, vibration, and radiation
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor use
Heavy-duty cable ties
Based on the industry standards, they are considered to be the strongest types of cable ties. Heavy-duty wires offer an incredibly high level of support and some of them can handle and support bundles weighing up to 250 lbs.
These cables gave high levels of reliability and durability and that’s why in most cases they are used in the construction industry.
They are ideal for indoor applications as well as outdoor applications since they offer a greater level of resistivity, particularly to UV light.
Heavy-duty cables are also thicker than your usual wires. This is to ensure that they effectively handle heavy tasks with a superb level of efficiency. The most notable characteristic of heavy-duty cable ties is that they are ideal for bundling heavy objects.
Heavy-duty strap and buckle
These cables come with a buckle that acts as the teeth for grip. So, you need to insert the webbing through the underside part of the buckle and then press the buckle in order to create the webbing space.
For a tighter grip, you need to pull the straps tighter so that the cables can withstand extra tension. These cables are improved versions of the standard heavy-duty types. They can, therefore, withstand more tensile strength.
Research shows that heavy-duty strap and buckle can support heavy-duty applications with a maximum tensile strength of up to 350 lbs.
besides that, the teeth located on the buckle grip are normally used to permanently grip the strap while the buckles are normally preassembled on the far ends of the straps.
Hook and loop cable ties
These wires are usually reusable since they are designed to offer users flexibility. Hook and loop cable ties can easily be opened and closed countless times. The best thing about them is that you can quickly fasten and refasten them with inconveniences.
Most of these products are normally made with nylon loops and polyethylene hooks. This makes them ideal for use in a wide range of job applications, especially in areas where more tensile strength is required.
At a glance, the key features of hook and loop cable ties include:
- Ability to effectively handle heavy-duty applications that require a maximum tensile strength of up to 350 lbs.
- The buckles are usually preassembled on the straps’ end for ease of use.
- These cable ties are made with steel teeth for an improved and permanent type of buckle grip.
Double-headed cable ties
These are the last groups of cable ties and they are also ideal for use in heavy-duty applications. Double-headed cable ties are just like heavy-duty and hook and loop cable ties since they all support a maximum tensile strength of up to 350 lbs.
These ties are suitable for separating two different cables since it allows them to effectively run without the use of additional cable ties. The fact that they have a double head means that you can conveniently secure the cables in parallel.
Generally, these types of cables offer convenience and help to reduce clutter. At a glance, their basic features include:
- Preassembled buckles that are found on one of the straps
- Can effectively support a maximum tensile strength of up to 350 lbs.
What are the Advantages of Cable Ties?
These are versatile organizational wires that have lots of benefits to users. If you are wondering why you should use cable ties, here are some of their advantages:
A wide range of products to choose from
Cable ties are available in a wide range of colors, sizes, and materials. This makes them ideal for use in different settings as well as different needs. You basically have the option of choosing multiple products in different designs per your preferences and budget.
Several areas of applications.
Cable ties are extremely versatile. They are ideal for use in homes, both indoors and outdoors. Besides that, they are ideal for use in offices as well as big industries. They are suitable for almost all types of niches and they offer flexibility.
Ease of use
You don’t need to have prior knowledge in order to use cable ties. These are simple wires that are simply locked up by tying the end of the cable to the opening in order to create a loop.
Cable ties are generally durable and don’t easily break. That’s why they are sometimes known as wire ties or zip ties. Depending on the material used to make them, you can use these products in different settings including places with high levels of temperatures, chemicals, acids, and ultraviolet light among others.
Note: some cable ties, especially those that are made of stainless steel are usually resistant to rust and corrosion.
The basic function of these ties is to offer organizational benefits. They are, therefore, ideal in helping to reduce clutter. Cable ties make it possible to tie together different wires and anchor them to a certain point. This helps to reduce the risk of injuries and disorganization.
Support and Secureness
There are many homes, offices, and industrial applications that require extra support. There are wires, bundled cables, hoses, and pipes that need fastening, securing, and routine.
Well, these ties make it possible to fasten elements including tools and machinery.
Unlike other support tools that are usually rigid, cable ties are extremely flexible. You can use them to fix things around oval-shaped and round holes. This especially comes in handing when you want to do cable routing. Well, you can quickly fasten them and insert them into holes for improved assembly.
Besides that, you can use them to fix weld studs, especially in the automotive industry. The fact that cable ties come with fixed or flexible heads makes them ideal for use in different settings. In some instances, you can use them to tie edges such as weld studs and plates.
What are the Components of a Cable Tie?
The basic cable tie (the nylon type) consists of nylon tape that’s integrated with the gear rack. On the other end, there is a ratchet that’s found within a little open case.
The tie’s length of strap or band can feature various types of polymeric materials that are known as polyamides
How Do Cable Ties Work?
Tying cable ties is simpler than tying your shoelaces. These wires provide users with ease of use. You simply need to insert the pointed end of the wire into its locking piece. Note that the locking piece is the square-head area of the tie and it has a hole. Insert the pointed end of the pointed tie here and run it through until a loop is formed.
Note that you have to pull the pointed past the ratchet so that it doesn’t slip back. This way, the formed loop will be held firmly and tighter.
Which Industries Use Cable Ties?
Going by industries, nylon ties are the most used in end-use industries. This includes:
- Building and construction
- Consumer goods
- Electronics and electrical
They are prominently used in these industries due to their continent and ease of use. They also have applications in other industries where they are used for both primary and secondary applications.
How Can You Use Cable Ties at Home?
Cable ties can be used in homes for numerous creative tasks. These self-looking organization wires can also be used for repair tasks, decorations, and support.
They are ideal for use in indoor and outdoor settings. Some of their uses include:
- Tying cables: of course, as their name suggests, cable ties are ideal for tying together bundles of cables such as those running behind the computer or the TV set.
- Tool organization: you can use them to create loops of different sizes and strengths. They are effective in organizing garden tools, garage equipment, and other mount pieces.
- Secure cabinets: if you have kids, these ties may be the most effective options that you can use to secure your kitchen or bathroom cabinets, especially those that contain medications and cleaning supplies. They can’t as effective and affordable temporary locks that can keep your cabinet doors well-secured.
- Floral arrangement: yes, these wires are effective in arranging flowers. You can use them to lock the stems of your favorite floral products since they can provide a loose and yet still firm hold.
- In the garden: you use these wires to hold plants upright such as the onion stem.
- Temporary household repairs: you can use these ties to temporarily hold together broken cabinet doors, the toilet valve, loose tap heads, and others.
How Much Do Cable Ties Cost?
There isn’t a specific price for a cable tie. It all depends on the type of ties you choose and the number. The more ties you choose, the more you will pay for them. Understand that the material used to make the ties also influence their prices eventually.
How Do You Determine the Effectiveness of Cable Ties?
The performance of these wires is usually determined by obtaining the tensile strength. This is the cable’s breaking point. Technically, tensile strength is usually measured in pounds or Newton.
Cables that have higher tensile strengths are considered to be stronger.
What Material is used to Make Cable Ties?
This seems like a simple question but there are actually several types of materials used to make cable ties. They include:
It’s one of the most common materials used to make cable ties. Nylon material has a moderate level of stiffness with extra strength. Besides that, both its levels of toughness and service temperatures are high. These cables usually have a low friction coefficient and that’s why they can withstand repeated impact.
It’s a variant of nylon that’s used in place with continuous temperatures of up to 185 degrees Fahrenheit. When it comes to general-purpose nylon, nylon 6/6 is the most used grade for the production of cable ties since it meets the ratings of UL 94V-2 flammability. This material is designed with a working temperature of -40 to 185 degrees Fahrenheit.
UV-Stabilized Nylon 6/6
This material is ideal for extended outdoor use since it can withstand different elements of weather. Its weather-resistant grade means that it can endure continuous exposure to UV light. This type of material is normally produced by adding stabilizers to the nylon resin and they only come in black color.
Heat-Stabilized Nylon 6/6
This material can continuously withstand high temperatures of up to 257 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s made with heat stabilizers to offer additional thermal endurance.
This type of cable material is ideal for use with solar applications since it can withstand corrosive and harsh elements of weather. Nylon 12 has a low density and water absorption. Besides that, it’s not sensitive to cracking caused by stress.
This material is suitable for those applications that need cable ties with high levels of durability. This is because stainless steel material can withstand harsh environmental conditions including corrosion. Stainless steel cable ties can be used for outdoor, indoor, and underground applications.
What are the Quality Standards for Cable Ties?
Quality standards help to ensure that the cables you buy are durable and ideal for use in different types of environments. This means that all cables aren’t the same.
Some of the quality standards used to design cables include:
- ISO 9001: 2008 it’s a quality management systems standard that specifies the type of requirements that an organization needs to demonstrate in order to produce products that meet the applicable regulatory and statutory requirements
- ISO 140001: 2004 it’s an environmental management systems standard that specifies what an organization needs to implement in its policies and objectives in relation to the outlined environmental standards.
- OHSAS 18001: 2007 it’s an occupational health and safety standard that’s used to ensure that organizations implement safe environments for work.
Those are general standards that apply to organizations, their environments, and how they should produce products designed for purchase by customers. However, there are other cable ties standards depending on the “TYPE” classification. They include:
- Type 1 Cable ties: they are non-metallic and composite types of cables. They are known to retail almost 100% of the received tensile strength at maximum and a minimum of 50% under specific test conditions.
- Type 11 cable ties: these are still Type 1 cable ties but they are designed with extra pre-qualification to offer long-lasting performance.
- Type 2 cable ties: they feature composite, metallic, and non-metallic cables. These wires usually retain 100% of the tensile strength.
- Type 21 cable ties: they include composite and non-metallic cable ties with type 2 characteristics. However, they have an additional feature that makes them ideal for offering long-term performance.
- Type 2S and Type 21S cable ties: they have an additional qualification for effectively offering sustainability, especially in building constructions.
- The Types determine factors such as fire effects, mechanical performance, and overall durability. In most cases, the principal measure of the effectiveness of the cable ties is based on the loop tensile strength but it’s not the only performance characteristic that you can use.
What are the Common Specifications of Cable Ties?
In most cases, manufacturers tend to use material specifications. We normally offers a broad range of cables designed for use in different types of environments. This can be on the basis of chemical corrosion, UV light, and flammability among others.
General Purpose Cable Ties
For general purpose cable ties, we design products that can withstand a continuous temperature from -40 up to 185 degrees Fahrenheit.
Outdoor Cable Ties
Cable ties for outdoor applications are usually UV stabilized. This is because they continuously stay outdoors and will, therefore, be exposed to outdoor sunlight. This grade of wires is usually produced by including stabilizers in the nylon resin. It’s worth noting that most of these cables are usually black in color.
We also have heat stabilized cable ties that can withstand temperatures of up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. These wires also gave heat stabilizers that help to provide them with the much-needed extra thermal endurance.
Whether resistant cables are designed for long-term use, especially in the outdoor environment. Most of them are usually rated effective for use between 12-15 years. This makes them the most ideal solution for use with applications such as solar.
Chemical-Resistant Cable Ties
We also have chemical-resistant cable ties that are mostly used in industries. They are mostly made with distinct materials including:
- Peek: such cables are designed to withstand harsh environments that involve chemicals with high levels of radiation or temperatures. They have non-conductive material with a V-0 flammability rating. This material can withstand temperatures of about 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Tefzel: it’s a general-purpose type of material that’s resistant to a broad range of chemicals including concentrated sulfuric acid and hydrofluoric acid. Besides that, Tefzel can withstand high levels of moisture since it has a low ability to absorb water content. It meets the 333 IEEE requirements and can withstand radiation up to 100 megarads.
- Polypropylene: it’s the most common type of material used to make cable ties for chemical-resistant applications. Generally, polypropylene is applicable in environments where the effects of chemicals on nylon are a major concern. This material isn’t easily affected by neutral salts, polyhydric alcohols, basic salts, and inorganic acids. Even though it has a good level of chemical resistance, polypropylene has a low tensile strength but it can still withstand UV light exposure.
Stainless Steel Specifications
These are durable cable ties and ideal for long-lasting use. Stainless steel specifications include:
- Type 304 stainless steel: it’s an all-purpose type of austenitic and low carbon stainless steel. It’s designed with a good level of corrosion resistance. Additionally, Type 304 has good weldability. It’s the most used type of stainless steel and can be used to make cable ties for food and chemical processing equipment.
- Type 316 stainless steel: it also contains the austenitic chromium-nickel type of steel that’s highly resistant to heat. In addition to that, it has a great level of corrosion resistance and that’s why it’s commonly used to make cable ties for marine use. Type 316 can withstand various types of acids, chemicals, high temperatures, and salts.
These cable ties are designed to withstand high temperatures. They normally include the likes of:
- Halar: it has similar characteristics to Tefzel in terms of performance. Halar can have a lower smoke density, especially when it’s burned. This makes it ideal for high-temperature areas with smoke generation.
- HTH 888: it’s a fastening type of material that features a combination of nylon and polyethylene. You can use such types of cables without adhesives.
- HTH 889: it’s another flame retardant version that’s ideal for carrying out air-handling operations
This is the simplest type of specification. Overall, cables are usually available in bright and bold colors. You can find them in:
- Natural-colored ties, etc.
How do You Maintain Cable Ties?
If you are going to use Cable Ties for organization purposes in high-traffic places, then you have to think about their maintenance and management.
Besides that, you don’t want to deal with the cable chaos that usually results in unsafe environments. Whether at home or in your office, here are some of the effective techniques that you can use to manage your cables.
- Group the cables: organize them depending on the size, purpose, or color, etc. This way you can conveniently identify different types of cables depending on their purpose or functionality.
- Secure the bundles: loosely hanging cables are more prone to damage. For long-lasting use, create an anchor by securing the cable ties. You can tie them to panels and walls or other anchor points.
- It should be noted that anchors come in several forms including screws. Adhesives, metal detachable, as well as low-profile forms.
- Consider using curved power strips: ideally, you are highly likely to find power strips in almost every office. However, did you know that these accessories are available in a wide range of designs? Well, a curved strip can easily bend in areas such as round your working desk, walls, and even the TV stand. Plugs may not fit in every corner but these strips are flexible and offer easy access to cables.
- Protect the cable raceways: in order to provide total enclosure around the cables, you can use cable raceways. They are great in extending the lifespan of these items since they also offer protection against light, dust, heat, and moisture content. Not only will the wires be safely mounted out of high-traffic areas but they will also be out of sight.
- Get cable trays: in case you are using your cable ties in an industrial setting, then it would be ideal to get several cable trays. You can use them as overhead trays or on the floor. The great thing about them is that they completely ensure the wires are out of sight. Cable ties are flexible to use since they come in different designs in terms of materials and styles. So, you will definitely something that suits your taste or budget.
- Get fabric-cord covers: instead of having cables running across the whole floor and increasing your risk of tripping and falling over, get a fabric cord cover. Such products are designed to help create an overlay. This helps to ensure wires not only fully blend into the floor but also enhance the room’s overall safety.
- Consider using wire looming products: looming helps to group different types of cables thereby offering route flexibility. They are ideal for use behind computers.
Overall, these are great maintenance options that ensure that your cable ties are operating correctly and are protected. Make it your goal to frequently conduct inspections to ensure that the organizing wires are in good working conditions. In case you notice breakage or worn-out wire, replace it as soon as possible.
You should consider buying legitimate cable ties such as the ones offered by us since they don’t easily breakdown.
How Do You Extend Cable Ties?
It’s possible to connect and secure cable ties in order to create bigger bundles. To do this, you need to link two ties together. This is a straightforward process that simply involves slipping on cable and then slipping it through the other. Slip the cable through until it reaches a point where it’s firmly held by the other cable’s thickness.
Once you have tested its security, then you go ahead and cut away the extended end. Lastly, tie the cable design the way you would normally do.
How Do You Undo Cable Ties?
In most cases, most people don’t know how they can reuse these organizing wires over and over again.
It’s important to understand that there are two types of cable ties. Single-use and the reusable type. If you buy the single-use types, note that you can undo them without the need of cutting them open.
You need to just pun or stick something to the locking mechanism. Go ahead and press it down before sliding it out. That’s the general purpose of a single-use cable tie. While you can undo and reuse such types of cables, you can still unlock and retie the locks.
But you need to be careful when undoing the locking mechanisms since the wrong type of manipulation can easily damage them. In case you are not sure of how to effectively do this or you have an old type of cable ties, then refrain from unlocking them.
Are There Other Tools that You Need to Install Cable Ties?
Well, these products are considered to be self-sufficient since they are designed for organizational purposes. You don’t need an extra tool in order to stall your cable ties. Instead, you simply need to insert the pointed ends into the locking pieces i.e. the square heads.
However, if you have lots of cable ties that you need to lock, then you should consider getting the cable tie gun. This is an efficient tool that helps to tighten cable ties and effectively removes the excess end so that the tie is as eat as possible.
How Do You Choose the Right Type of Cable Ties?
Even though a wide range of cable ties, sometimes you might think that it’s possible to simply put them in the same category. After all, they are pretty much all the same.
Well, these self-locking pieces of plastic strips are quite different from each other. Your needs are what will determine the type of cable ties you need.
These products are made to handle different functionalities hence they come in different sizes and materials. So, to choose a cable that’s ideal for your needs, here are some of the factors that you should consider:
The type of construction of the cable ties matter. Do you want a one- or a two-piece type of construction?
Well, one-piece cable ties feature ties with their own locking mechanisms. It’s simply a single unit that has been molded with one material.
On the other hand, two-piece cable ties are designed with special locking features. They offer the convenience of versatility in that you can adjust them to effectively fit other cable bundles. They are great options especially if you want to avoid over-tightening the cable.
It should be noted that 2-piece cables come with locking mechanisms that allow the cables to be incorporated into the heads of the next cables. That’s why they are costlier but they have a higher level of breakage resistance and provide a smooth profile.
Type of material
Cable ties are made with different types of materials. Each material usually brings in specific properties. For instance, nylon ties are currently the most common and they are generally ideal for use in environments with lower temperatures.
On the other hand, cables made with stainless-steel materials are more durable and are, therefore, ideal for use in harsher environments. This is because they are able to withstand corrosive elements such as chemicals. Additionally, they can also face heat without breaking.
Generally, cable ties come in lengths ranging between 4 to 52 inches. Even though most people buy ties with smaller ranges, the broad option ensures that you can pick something that suits your needs.
But you need to understand that cable ties are usually trimmed during the installation process. To be on the safe side, you can buy an inch or two longer. It’s challenging to find out during the last minutes of the installation process that the cables you bought are shorter than you need.
Where do you want to install your cable ties? Is it outdoors or in a place that has continuous exposure to sunlight? Alternatively, do you want to place them in a harsh environment that includes chemicals and acids? Or it in an area with high levels of heat and smoke?
Well, these questions should be at the back of your mind when preparing to make purchases. The type of environment you intend to use the wires in will play a crucial in determining the type of cable you end up choosing.
For instance, nylon 6.6 is weather-resistant and with a maximum life expectancy of 9 years. Heat-stabilized nylon 6.6 is ideal for use in high-temperature areas and so on.
Other Special Features
Before you can finally place your order, it’s necessary to consider other special features that the cable might have. For instance, can it effectively meet your needs? Do you need some extra products to use the cables?
Understand that most cables are usually designed with ties that normally lock permanently. But this doesn’t mean that you can’t still get products with special features that allow them to be undone without the need of cutting off the actual cable. This means that you should buy releasable cable ties.
Additionally, you can consider other applications such as mounted cable ties that allow these products to be mounted on certain surfaces. This is because such cables usually gave holes for screwing or joining to other hardware.
There are also cables that are designed with rainbow colors for the formation of the color code. This makes them ideal for easier identification or to match the décor of your equipment and other features.
Why Should You Invest in HONT’s Cable Ties?
Regardless of the type of cable ties you choose to buy, we are known to offer products with high levels of tensile strength. Our cable ties are durable, convenient, and ideal for long-lasting use.
It should be noted that we value our reputation and you are, therefore, guaranteed products that offer value for money. That’s why we get most of our customers through referrals since were loyal customers who trust us to deliver the best. If you are buying your cable ties from use, we have a team of professionals on standby to help you choose the best products that suit your needs.
Currently, we are among the industry leaders in the production of quality ties. Our wide range of products means that you can conveniently find suitable cable ties for small-scale or large-scale use.
If you are in need of our services or products, don’t hesitate to contact us.